(1 skatās) (1) Viesis
  • Lapa:

Tēma: Rookie Josh Jacobs flashed in what figures to be

Rookie Josh Jacobs flashed in what figures to be 4 gadi, 5 mēnēši atpakaļ #3121

• zhangzk
  • PROM
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ziņojumi: 161
NAPA Derek Carr Jersey White , Calif. (AP) —series he plays in the entire preseason for the Oakland Raiders.Once the regular season starts, Jacobs could carry a much heavier load as the Raiders are hoping he can be the three-down featured back that has been missing of late on Oakland’s offense.“He’s a good back, there’s no doubt. He can run the ball. He has good vision. He can break arm tackles. He has some acceleration and burst, no doubt. I think he’s going to be a really good player,” coach Jon Gruden said.“We’re not sure what we’re going to do yet, really, with turning the whole enchilada over to him or not.”The Raiders did that for the first drive last week in Arizona after holding Jacobs out of the preseason opener and the results were promising. He was handed the ball on the first three plays from scrimmage, running for 6, 8 and 7 yards as he showed the vision and elusiveness that made him such a prime prospect in the draft.Quarterback Derek Carr was impressed with Jacobs’ running as well as his approach in his first game as a pro, comparing him favorably to some of the more proven backs he’s played with in his career like Marshawn Lynch, Latavius Murray, Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew.“Watching his vision was really impressive because I have the best seat in the house. I’m sitting back there playing Madden tell him to cut back and trying to run for him,” Carr said. “He’s right up there with those guys. For him to do that, especially in his first game. I think the thing that rubbed off on me the most about Josh was his want to. It wasn’t like, ‘Oh man this is my first game.’ None of that. He was out there just trying to bully people. He was out there trying to run hard. He didn’t care that he’s a rookie. He’s trying to prove that he’s the best back in the NFL. That’s his mindset.”Jacobs added one more run for 1 yard before Carr threw a TD pass that ended the night for Oakland’s first-team offense. With the Raiders set to play Thursday night on turf in Winnipeg, Manitoba, against Green Bay, most of the starters are expected to sit out of precaution. They won’t play in the exhibition finale next week in Seattle either Antonio Brown Raiders Jersey , making Jacobs’ next likely appearance in a game to be in the season opener Sept. 9 against Denver.While Jacobs wants to play, he views the safe approach the Raiders are using with him as a compliment.“I think it just speaks volumes on what they think of me and what they see in me,” he said. “So I am just honored to be out here and play football.”Jacobs was drafted 24th overall, the first running back or receiver taken in the draft despite being only a part-time player in college at Alabama. He had double-digit carries just seven times in his career and ran for 100 yards only once as he shared time with Damien Harris and Najee Harris.Jacobs finished his career with 251 carries for 1,491 yards (5.9 per carry) and had 48 catches for 571 yards but is being counted on to carry a much bigger load in Oakland.The Raiders have been particularly impressed with Jacobs’ ability in the passing game as both a receiver and blocker. The Raiders haven’t had many all-around featured backs since Marcus Allen’s heyday in the 1980s. In the past 30 years, only Harvey Williams (1995), Charlie Garner (2001) and LaMont Jordan (2005) have had at least 200 carries and 50 catches in a season — marks Jacobs could hit as a rookie.“He’s very, very advanced,” Carr said. “I think everyone knows you have to be really good in the passing game to play in Coach Gruden’s offense as a running back. A lot of our quick game, the old West Coast, Joe Montana, Roger Craig kind of plays, all that kind of stuff. He has to be able to do that and he can. I think that coming in we knew how good of a runner he was. We knew he’s tough, we knew he could block. You just never know with rookie running backs that are that big. How flexible are they? Can they run the routes? Can they catch? He’s been really impressive.” Up until a couple weeks ago, the Raiders didn’t have a starting running back. Since then they added Isaiah Crowell who has some 51 NFL starts under his belt and who averaged 4.8 yards per carry for..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁昍aiders Draft 2019Raider draft radar 2019: Running backsNew,73commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareRaider draft radar 2019: Running backsJay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY SportsUp until a couple weeks ago, the Raiders didn’t have a starting running back. Since then they added Isaiah Crowell who has some 51 NFL starts under his belt and who averaged 4.8 yards per carry for the Jets last season. He may be able to be the starter in Oakland, but as Mike Mayock noted Womens Bo Jackson Jersey , Crowell is on a one-year “prove-it” deal, so he is not considered the long term answer at this time.Crowell should be a valuable addition, but even with his starting experience, he has never been considered a true every-down workhorse back. The team has Jalen Richard, but Jon Gruden likes him mostly as a receiver out of the backfield as opposed to part of a two-headed monster.The answer could be in this draft. These guys best fit the bill.David Montgomery, Iowa St – Round 2-3Height: 5-10, Weight: 222 There is no running back in this class who has a more impressive skillset top to bottom than David Montgomery. He has the size, speed, agility, instincts, pass blocking, and yards after contact to be an every down NFL starting running back. Not to mention, he had some breathtaking jukes that made defenders look downright ridiculous. It wasn’t a now-and-then thing either. He forced an incredible 100 missed tackles according to Pro Football Focus; best in this draft.The big question mark here is if the Raiders would take him at 35 overall and if not if they would make trades to get another second round pick or back into the third round. He is expected to go in the lower second/upper third round range and if the Raiders could find a way to get him there, they would get probably the best all-around back in this draft.Miles Sanders, Penn State – Round 3Height: 5-10, Weight: 211I wouldn’t say there is a huge drop-off from Montgomery to the next tier where Sanders resides but it doesn’t take much. The Penn State Nittany Lion has decent size with outstanding speed (4.49 40) and agility (6.89 3-cone) to go with it. He has all the traits of a back capable of carrying the load for an NFL team, with no glaring weakness that would force him to head to the sideline in certain situations, whether it be short yardage or passing downs.Elijah Holyfield Bo Jackson Jersey , Georgia – Round 3-4Height: 5-10, Weight: 217John Gruden has said many times that he values pass blocking great deal and that’s an area in which Holyfield excels. He doesn’t have great speed (4.78 40) and yet he averaged an impressive 6.4 yards per carry for the Bulldogs last season. Where he lacks is as a receiver, but the Raiders have Jalen Richard for that.Bryce Love, Stanford – Round 5Height: 5-8, Weight: 200Any team who can afford the patience to wait for Bryce Love to recover from his torn ACL could be gettin an outstanding talent in this draft. Love suffered the injury in his final game at Stanford, upending what figured to be his heading to the NFL as a highly regarded day two selection. Now the injury could cause him to be out anywhere from part of training camp to sitting out his entire rookie season. If he did return for camp, you’d have to assume he would require some time to return to the form he showed in college that had him average 6.8 yards per carry with 30 touchdowns.Devine Ozigbo, Nebraska – Round 5-6Height: 6-0, Weight: 235He’s a load at 6-0, 235 pounds and yet can still move and gain separation. His senior season was a breakout one, averaging 7.0 yards per carry and putting up 12 touchdowns. He had just 26 more carries in 2018 than in 2017 and yet more than doubled his yards total and four times as many touchdowns. You always want to see the best numbers as the latest ones, though NFL teams typically want to see something that suggest steady progress to know it isn’t a fluke. He also struggles in pass protection, which could be an issue when it comes to being a 3-down back. With the potential he’s shown, he is absolutely worth a pick in the 5th or 6th round.Editor’s note: Yes, we realize the Raiders don’t currently have a selection in rounds 3 and 6. If a prospect is listed in that round it’s either with the assumption the Raiders would trade into that round or take them in the following round should they still be on the board.Follow @LeviDamien
  • Lapa:
Laiks lapas ielādēšanai: 0.29 sekundes